Friday, May 4, 2018

Ink Blending on Colored Cardstock



I haven't used the cool design of What the Doodle Waves in a while.

It's perfect for the following challenge at Papertrey:


hosted by Melissa Phillips



 stamps: Papertrey Ink What the Doodle Waves  die: Papertrey Ink Big Basics: Birthday


 I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed antique white embossing powder.
It lay gorgeous intricate lines that I ink blended on.
I sprinkled some drops of water for a little more~






I really enjoyed this one!

I've had this diecut laying around for awhile 
(I know because I'm out of this matte gold cardstock).


 So happy to find a home worthy of its goldness.

I lost the dots, so I used star confetti and I think it works~


 I'm also entering this card here:


http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/challenge-108.html


 Not only did I go wild with color, but waves are the wildest! 

I grew up in Hawaii..so I've been tossed about by those crazy creatures.

One even spit me out...on the sand...with my bathing suit top ROLLED up to my neck.

I'm not even exaggerating.

I'm not a party girl (can you guess that??? :))

...but that's as close to a wild party as I ever got. :)

What added even more fun...was choking on sea water and trying to catch my breath.
 
I'm just saying...some beaches are not for the faint of heart~watch yourself out there.

Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

Laurel said...

This is wonderful! Also wanted to let you know there is a link up at Inspired By now :) Sorry!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Marlena, this is such a beautiful card! I love the bold colors and the gold accents! Such a sweet take on the challenge!

Jill V said...

Beautiful, bold colours - I love how they look with the gold die cut greeting! Thanks so much for getting wild with us at Time Out! Jill

Nancy Penir said...

I wish my drops of water came out as perfectly as yours! Beautiful, bright card, Marlena. Just the perfect stamp choice for this challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

The waves were definitely a perfect choice for this technique Marlena and I just love your ink blending and colors...FABULOUS card!! :0)

Nonni said...

Such beautiful, rich colors, I love the gold! And your beach story made me smile... Although I'm sue it was dangerous! But the bit with the swimsuit. :) Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!