Sunday, June 4, 2017

Dance+Flowers+Friends



Friends, it's been an eventful month or so of dance!

 Within the past 6 weeks my girlies have competed in two competitions and had their recital.

 Sadly, it all concluded with goodbyes.

The only comfort through this were love-ya gifts.

 
Little bit of background info: the senior performance company was paired with the junior performance company in Big Sis/Little Sis format.

Since there are more juniors than seniors...one of my daughters has three littles and my other daughter has two. 

Count 'em...FIVE littles to look for.

 I looked HIGH & LOW for dance-related gifts for my girlies to give their little sisters.

After failing miserably...I dug around my craft room and found these dance embellishments (which I spray painted lime to match the leaves on bright patterned paper).



 
 

Know that the dance embellishments, little frames...even the spraypaint...

 were for separate "didn't get done" projects that saved me when I needed it!!!!

 The old Marlena was looking out for the now Marlena~

who says hoarding doesn't pay off now and again.

😆



I created tags to match, with second-hand ballet stamps I found forever ago.

 

(stamps:Hero Arts Stamp & Cut Alpha Tabs,Stampin' Up End Pointe  dies: Verve Pennant Trim, Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #5   other: Want2Scrap Dance embellishment)




Here's the back~


 (stamp:Verve Beautiful Things sentiment  die:Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Banner Duo 1)



It's all a blur friends~glad there's a video and pictures to document it!

The little sisters gave rave reviews of their gifts, apparently~yayyy!!!!!

I'm entering the following challenges~





'Flowers and Friends make life a garden'



Thanks for stopping in!



 




4 comments:

sandie said...

What a great idea and a fab way to use if scraps. The lime looks great with these flowers. Thanks for joining Time Out

Tracy Freeman said...

It is great when you find stuff like that isn't it, and you created some beautiful gifts, love the pop of lime.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Brenda said...

The gifts are fabulous Marlena!!! I love that all this came together just by shopping your stash, yep, hoarding does indeed pay off! lol So happy the girls loved their gifts and how fun that your daughter's was in charge of those little's!!! Hugs, Brenda

Anita in France said...

Such a wonderful idea, Marlena ... beautifully crafted ... the bright green with the bold DP is fabulous! No wonder those little girls loved their gifts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)