Friday, June 3, 2016

Female Nautical Inspiration




I hope my words work today, there's so much reflecting I want to share and practical card information, too.


First of all, card info...


(stamp:Verve Adjusted Sails Plain Jane,BoBunny Barefoot & Bliss  dies:Verve Nautical Die Set,Spellbinders Classic Circles/Scalloped Circles  other:washi tape for anchor and masking)


Here's the modern nautical photo that had me *sail* in this direction. :)


http://curtaincallchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/curtain-call-inspiration-challenge-sail.html


LOVE LOVE LOVE the modern pillows that drew me in and had me grab for some stripey, bold washi.



 

I matched these together for my own "pattern" on white cardstock and cut out a trendish anchor.

As for the technique used...masking baby, and lots of it.


Wave upon wave (masked with fussy cut post-it note waves) from this oldie but goodie BoBunny set I've had since starting my blog.


The second masking was done with sponging between torn washi (technique I explained here) in a vellum circle frame.




While creating with this inspiring sentiment from Verve,

 I reflected on HOW STRONG AND RESILIENT we ladies have to be.

Women tend to be the heartbeat of a home~

doing their best to hone a pretty, pleasant and comfortable environment...no matter the storm rolling.

When things don't work out...we buck up, find another way to do what we can for who we can.


YAY for women!


God bless you as you push through, you beautiful, strong you!



Thanks for stopping by~

 


 

7 comments:

Virginia L. said...

LOVE the nautical theme with the fabulous masking, Marlena! That's so CLEVER with the torn Post-it paper! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Mask It” Challenge! Well done!

Leigh Penner said...

A beautiful card and an encouraging post! Thanks you -- this was just what I needed to hear today!
I love the effect of the waves and that scalloped frame and how you blended the ink inside the scalloped frame.... it's all just fabulous!

Stacey Schafer said...

always love seeing Verve! beautiful card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just fabulous! Love those waves and the fabulous papers you chose.

Janina R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marisa said...

Love that sentiment and colour combo - way to flash some Verve. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Marlena. Love the waves in the background and the anchor with the orange and gray... great take on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with us!