Friday, April 15, 2016

PeAcE & lOvE



Peace & love are not easy.


It's messy business, folks.


Literally.


I peeled the wood sentiment off this sheet, and it broke~right at the swirly.


Go ahead, zoom in.


Check out the disaster, I'll wait.





(stamps:Papertrey Ink Rosie Posie  die:My Favorite Things Sentiment Strips  other:My Mind's Eye Picket Fences cardbase)



I know, right? ugh.
 
 
But you know what?
 
 
It's perfect.
 
 
 It's a perfect illustration of peace & love.
 
 
It's an awkward, messy business that involves salvaging brokenness, humbling of personalities, and well, no where near perfection.


But if a relationship can be restored...
 
 
it's worth it.






http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.ca/2016/04/the-challenge-68-colour-challenge.html
(the larger confetti is green~but it's reflective and hard to see~sorry!)





http://curtaincallchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/curtain-call-inspiration-challenge.html



Hold out for love & peace if you can...and pray like crazy for a forgiving heart.


I've seen miracles occur in this regard~and it sure takes less energy than hate, once pride is laid down.


That's all I have to say about that. :)






5 comments:

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Marlena, but try as hard as I could I didn't see any disaster or messiness when I zoomed in. All I see is a beautiful card. Hugs, Brenda

Jinny Newlin said...

Perfect! Love your mix of blooms and that you always find a way to weave great advice into your creativity! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

I love your take on the broken wooden sentiment -- it's very true! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo! Your card is lovely!

Nance said...

Very pretty! And, I didn't zoom in. You are right, life is imperfect, we are imperfect and our imperfections make us who we are! :) Thanks for playing with The Challenge this week!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Curtain Call!