Monday, March 21, 2016

Lace and a Verse



When I wanted to learn about creating cards many moons ago...I started peeking at card blogs.


I came upon Amazing Paper Grace 

who led me to Our Daily Bread Designs.

I had no idea that such a gorgeous variety of  Bible Verses and images could be found in ONE PLACE.

I was smitten.

I was inspired.


Fast forward to the present...their 8th Anniversary!

 Congratulations Our Daily Bread Designs!


(stamp: Our Daily Bread Designs Bless This Home(retired)  dies:My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Circle Stax,Avery Elle Wonky Stitches  other:Prima Flowers, Martha Stewart seals inked with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress ink, American Crafts Ribbon,water colored circle)




ODBDSLC272~Scripture and Lace

 I usually aim toward CAS, abstract, angled (think architecture)...so the lace factor had me stumped.


I rummaged through my stuff to find these Martha Stewart seals I've had for awhile.


After peeling these off their sheet, I spread them around on Black Soot Distress ink.

They seemed a bit too dark, but

 a baby wipe softened the color~so I placed them on the card.

Those still held quite a stick after going through all that!

The sentiment panel was watercolored (it's what I built up from).

That's the long and short of the creating part.


Getting back to the company...

I'm glad they are still around, serving the Lord. ;)

You have lots of time to participate in the challenge and wish them well.

Thanks for stopping by~






2 comments:

Greta said...

Lovely card for the challenge, Marlena!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

All your efforts made your card beautiful, Marlena!! I love your color combo and design to frame your scripture. Thanks for joining us at ODBD!! Happy Easter!