Friday, June 13, 2014

A Beachy Graduation



Graduation parties are rolling by...




I created this for my daughter's teammate who loves to surf.


I used colors from the



http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2014/06/color-throwdown-296.html


The light colors were perfect for the backdrop of one of my favorite scene silhouettes.

It always makes me nostalgic for my Hawaii.


I might have to hit the nearest Lake soon for my beachy fix.





stamps: Verve (Better Together,Happy Graduation Plain Jane,Waltzingmouse My Island, Papertrey Ink Happy Trails
inks: Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist,Hibiscus Burst,True Black,New Leaf),Versafine Onyx,Memento Ink Angel Pink




8 comments:

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous graduation card..love how you added the palm trees..

Sylvia said...

What a fabulous graduation card, Marlena, I love your design and of course the beach theme! I can't imagine raising three girls, I managed two girls and two boys and the boys the easiest, but the girls the chattiest! Have a wonderful Saturday and thanks for your visit and comments!

Vickie Z said...

Oh it's fun!! The colors and design/images are wonderful with those palm trees!! Going to the beach soon....not HA (dang) but, there will be palm trees!! Thxs for playing at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this CAS design...so clean yet so striking! Perfect for your daughter's surfing friend! So happy you were able to play along with us this week at Color Throwdown!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous card Marlena. Love the collage background with the colors... the silhouette image looks great stamped over them. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

Anonymous said...

I love your card Marlena! So cool with the bright abstract background & the palm trees silhouette!
Do you ever enter the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenges? I'm sure you would enjoy the challenges & do really well!
Sophia

Joan Ervin said...

Love this, Marlena...the background you created looks fabulous with the palm tree silhouettes...I can almost hear the ocean!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Colleen said...

Marlena, thanks for the heads up and commenting on the CTD card...Your is equally as impressive, I was a bit shocked actually! My BFF and I are heading to Hawaii in150 days (I have a count down on my blog!!). thanks Marlena!!