Monday, January 27, 2014

Color Blocked Leaf



Color blocking has grown on me~


I was excited to see CAS-ual Fridays host a challenge highlighting it.




http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2014/01/cfc126.html






I used some post-it notes to block off the die cut leaf and applied Tim Holtz Distress Inks directly to the panel.



Talk about RICH color with Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry!!!



I'm a big fan of leaves and don't want to wait for fall creations~



hope you like my take!


Thanks for stopping by friends~


stamp: Verve Words of Wisdom
die: Lifestyle Crafts Maple Leaves
ink: Tim Holtz Distress inks Picked Raspberry,Salty Ocean.Mowed Lawn,Mustard Seed,Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz
other:Want2Scrap bling



4 comments:

Jen W. said...

Rich and fabulous colour! How cool if there really were leaves those colours! :D The addition of the gems is perfect and I love the fonts on that sentiment.

Alice said...

such a neat way to color the leaf! great card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ooooo....the colors are gorgeous together! I really like how you masked the leaf, and I agree that I like leaves year-round. :) The bling on the leaf is great. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

cm said...

What a gorgeous colour-blocked leaf - and of course I LOVE it..maple leaf, a symbol of Canada! Fabulous x 100000!
c