Saturday, July 7, 2012

~Summer Birthday and a Tag~



I salvaged a tag from my daughter's new blouse recently.



This week's Tuesday Trigger's poppies reminded me of the tag's gorgeous swirled flowers and butterfly wings.









Yay for me...a card finished for my sister who has a birthday this month. ;)









I die cut the bottom of the recycled tag with a Sizzix die and attached it to a white tag that was sponged with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.


I inked up KaiserCraft Numbers for the tag's background and used Hero Arts Untitled Word Shadow for the birthday sentiment.


I offstamped that circle and stamped again for a light look in the background of the card base.

The deckled edge of the card is Versamarked and gold embossed.










Birthdays, flowers, and butterfly wings speak summer to me....lots and lots of birthdays in my family!!!  LOL.


I am a bit more chatty this post than the previous...the heat brought on a migraine and I was afraid I couldn't put coherent sentences together.


I believe it took me countless times to edit this post, though.


I'm feeling much better~I thank God for that!


I pray you are doing ok...if not, let me know how I can pray for you.


Thanks for stopping in...



Stamps: Hero Arts Untitled Word Shadow,KaiserCraft Numbers
Paper:Bazzill Coconut Swirl,Georgia Pacific white
Ink:Versamark,Memento Ink Morocco,Ranger Tim Holtz Tea Dye
Other:Whispers gold embossing powder,brad,American Crafts satin ribbon,Fiskars rotary deckle blade
Dies:Sizzix tag and Spellbinders classic circles



12 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the artsy feel of your tag. Blessings!

Virginia L. said...

This is so beautiful, Marlena! Your use of your daughter's clothing tag is awesome! The colors and elements all work so well together! I am glad that you are feeling better! Not fun having a migraine! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! PS: The other day my son brought me a mail package with some goodies inside, he didn't make me chase him around....I am thankful for that :)

Pauline said...

This is fab Marlena, I'm glad it's not just me that saves tags from clothing lol!

Lynn said...

Hope the migraine is completely gone...they are horrible! The colors from the tag are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Unknown said...

Your tag is fab Marlena and I'm with Arnoldo, it has a wonderful artsy feel to it. You did an amazing job in creating this beautiful card for your sister's birthday!

Glad you are over your migraine and just want to say how refreshing it is that your share your love of the Lord with others. I'm following you by email now so I don't miss what's next. :)

Blessings to You,
Lisa xx

Kristen said...

Fun tag - I was laughing at your 'you know you're a cardmaker when' ..lol hilarious!

xo, Kristina
Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com

Deb said...

Gorgeous, Marlena! The colors are simply beautiful! So glad you are feeling better and could join us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is a gorgeous tag, Marlena! Stunning job with the colors from the Tuesday Trigger challenge, too. :) Thanks for playing along with Simon Says Stamp this week!

Laurie said...

So glad you are feeling better! Your card is so pretty! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

This is so creative, Marlena! What a great way to repurpose a clothing tag.
I'm very glad you're feeling better anc could join us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa A. said...

One never understands a migraine until they've had one...HORRIBLE!! SOOO glad you are feeling better, Marlena!! Your card is beautiful...all the wonderful details, the colors are sweet...a gorgeous birthday card!! Thanks for pressing in and being a part of the challenge this week...hope the rest of your week is wonderful:)!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Hi Marlena!! I'm so glad that you're feeling better. And I so love that you re-used the tag from your daughter's blouse!! Your vision is amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!