Wednesday, July 18, 2012

~Paris~




A friend of mine has been on my mind lately.


Once upon a time she and her family went to Paris.



I enjoyed seeing her pictures years ago and listening to her tales.



Right now she's probably doing mundane chores like dishes or washing clothes....


I'd like to remind her of her exciting trip and how God blessed her so! 



That was a moment she can personally bank on, you know?








I used the eye-popping colors from Inspired By #32.






Heidi Swapp papers and ruby and gold embossing powders were my go-to supplies here.





Also, this gorgeous sketch : Waltzingmouse Sketch #106




gave me a wonderful starting point!




Have a blessed day~




Stamp: Waltzingmouse Stamps Paris Nouveau and Teeny Trees
Ink:Versamark 
Paper:Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic Fabulous and No Limits Schematic,Georgia Pacific white cardbase
Die:Spellbinders postage stamp
embossing powders:Recollections Ruby, Whispers Gold 
other:sewing machine,Sizzix Teen Dots texture plate



 
 



7 comments:

Marybeth said...

Marlena this is so sweet for your friend and beautiful. Love the bit of embossed gold you added to this one. Just beautiful !

smudgiebaby said...

Love this! The colors, the tilt of the tower! ;)

Teresa Kline said...

fabby card, so sweet of you too....I am sure your friend will luv it!

enjoy *~*

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is great! LOVE your take on both the sketch and the colors! Fabulous embossing too!
Hugs, Karin

Sarah said...

I hope your lovely card is a happy reminder for your friend!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Marlena - What a pretty French inspired card. Your embossing is beautiful and I love the bright pink!

Anonymous said...

This is great!!
Esther