Thursday, May 10, 2012

~The Heart of a Friend~




I dabbed (looks like spattered), embossed, and sewed some stitches on a card.



I call that a fun day! ;)







I did a bit of dabbing with Copics on the sentiment and circle panels.


I wanted it to convey the spirit of joyful girls bubbling with laughter. ;)



My sketch is inspired by






Check out the crisp citrus colors from the








By the way, it's been animal kingdom here lately at my house.



I faced my worst fear since we moved here...seeing one of these bad boys nearby.



YUP, that's a bear people.



I PRAYED I wouldn't see one in our yard for 3 1/2 years.


I didn't, until Tues.


Maybe the Lord felt it was time.



He WAS BEAUTIFUL


and scary.


It was very surreal.


I screamed "BEAR! BEAR!" in a squeaky voice.



My hands shook all day.



I'm not cut out for too much country, mind you.




Here's some other fun adventures for my girls....



saving these lil' guys from the pool cover.





They LOVE exploring this way.


As for me...

I'll just stick to creative adventures. ;)



Thank you so much for stopping in and viewing my pics-it's always nice to have the company.






Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Together Silhouettes,Stampendous Birch Buddies grass
Ink: Versamark,Memento Bamboo leaves and New Sprout (edging)
Embossing powder:Ranger Tim Holtz distress spiced marmalade
Paper:Georgia Pacific White,BoBunny Country Garden
Tools:Spellbinders classic circles and label eleven,sewing machine,circle punch partially used for the notch
Other:Copics yellow and orange,Want2Scrap rhinestones,American Crafts satin ribbon,1/8" Scor-Tape

14 comments:

Shannon White said...

Marlena this is Just Fabulous! Love the Cheery colors and dp's you used and the Copic dabbled bubbles are just the Perfect touch too! Definitely conveys the joyful spirit of girls laugher! Love it! And Oh my, I would have been shaking all day too if I got to see a big old bear in our yard too! Wowie! 8-) Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Janice M said...

What a fun card, love the way you did the ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Kim S said...

I absolutely love the spatter - it gives it such a happy feeling...a perfect summer day. I would not; however, like your bear. We get a lot of deer, foxes and, unfortunately skunks...but thank goodness...22 years in our home and no bears!

Holly aka Toy said...

Wonderful card :) :)! Are you in Colorado? We've been seeing a lot of bears coming down to find food here. They sure don't look like Yogi, do they?! LOL

Bridget said...

Marlena, this is so beautiful and I love how you added work with your copics to created that look! The colors are so summery and pretty! Growing up in Alaska, we had bears go through our yard (on the edge of forest) and I know what you mean - exciting but scary!

Korin said...

Such a beautiful card. I grew up in a town where the people in the mountains often see bears (my aunt still gets them in her yard a lot), but I have never seen one.....I imagine I would have the same reaction you did :). The tadpoles are so cute and so fun to watch. Enjoy the beauty of God's creation :)!!

Annette Allen said...

Your card is so awesome...love the design...wow wee a bear...that would be scary...how crazy for it to be so close...

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Marlena. The silhouette image looks great. Also love the stithing and the ribbon treatment! Wow! That bear does look scary! We live near the woods, but I have't seen any wild animals other than deers. :o)

~amy~ said...

I REALLY love this sweet card and oh my...a bear?!!!!!!!

Kara said...

sweet card!! love the image! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marlena your card is so sweet, the colours are so soft. Just beautiful.

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this---I am going to have to check out those silhouettes from S&S!! I love silhouettes. I am glad the silhouette of the bear was him leaving your property! Eeek! That's a bit scary. I hope he doesn't get into your pool! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

Unknown said...

STUNNING card!!! :) Love your bear pics, we have those 'round here, too..... I feel about like you do. They are beautiful, but I don't want one to get me! The stitching on this is so pretty, I hope you had a fabulous Mother's day!! :)

donna mikasa said...

Your "faux" spattering is wonderful! I never thought to try that with Copics! I would totally freak out if a bear came into my yard--in Hawaii! LOL!