Saturday, April 7, 2012

New Life. New Me





This week's challenge: 
Since spring is now here and signs of new life are happening all around us we want to see creations symbolizing new life…this can be Easter, new baby, budding trees, flowers…..etc.
 *Our Daily Bread Designs As You Graduate~Basic Grey Lauderdale DP~Copics and Memento markers~Versamark ink~Whispers black embossing powder*
I love to share about my new life.
Since Jesus became my Lord in the spring of 1999, my world changed.



There's still black and white,




good and evil,


happiness and sorrow.



 HOWEVER,



see the rainbow path?



Jesus fills my heart and my future with purpose, meaning and direction.


The beautiful color He paints in my little world has given me hope.


Because I know Him and I KNOW He knows Me and loves me...

I can live!


I used to worry about the legacy I would leave my girlies (back when I only had 2 and they were wittle,wittle).

Was what I offered enough?

Would they have enough joy?

Enough wisdom?

Enough knowledge?

Enough LOVE?



After Jesus saved me...


I no longer worried.


He is more than enough for me to share with them...


and you.


His sacrifice on the cross is everything.
Because of His death on the cross,


and my acceptance of His awesome gift...
I LIVE!
I'm free.
There is color in my world.
Every day IS a new beginning.
May you have a blessed Easter.



15 comments:

JJ Bolton said...

Beautiful card and post Marlena! You and your family have a joyous Easter!

Arnoldo said...

Wow! This is a breathtaking card. May your Easter be filled with blessings!

Korin said...

Beautiful and meaningful card, Marlena! Thank you for sharing your heart. May the Lord bless you richly today and always! <3

Anonymous said...

I just love this card! Such a new and unique version of it.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card... And what I LOVE most is the words afterwards!!!
You've hit the nail on the Proverbial head so to speak!!
Words to live by and BELIEVE in!!!
Weezie13

Anonymous said...

Nice card and post mom!!!

Lisa :) said...

this card is wonderful!! I hope you had a beautiful Easter!

Hannelie said...

Lovely card with great meaning Marlena!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How fun and beautiful Marlena!! Love sll the rainbow colors and how you carried them into your image as well!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Marlena, girl, this is one stunning card!! I absolutely love your interpretation of this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! THanks for taking the time to play along!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an amazing card and post Marlena. Love the rainbow path. It's perfect in every way! Thank you for playing with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Chrissy D said...

GORGEOUS! Love the different take with the colors on that! So pretty! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch! Have a blessed week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a nice post, Marlena. I love that you share what is in your heart. :) Love, too, that rainbow path, and how it extends beyond the stamped image. hope you had a beautiful Easter. :) Hugs!

Cards By Jan said...

Beautiful card!! Love your colours, and how you displayed them, Thanks for joining us at the Shining the Light Challenge, Congrats!!

Brenda said...

A beautiful card. I really like the rainbow. May God continue to increase your talent and may you continue to grow in Him. Hugs 'N Blessings