Thursday, April 12, 2012

~Miss You Petals~






"--Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and must include a die-cut flower made with a non-flower die."



Using my Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 3 Die, I made a humongous flower for my card.
*Papertrey Ink Communique Curves sentiment,Papertrey Ink Grunge Me splatter,Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 3 Die,Fiskars crimper,BoBunny Country Garden paper pad 6X6,Basic Grey Lauderdale paper pad 6X6,Authentique Genuine paper pad,Versamark ink,Whispers embossing powder,Spellbinders classic circles,Georgia Pacific white*


After cutting out the petals with my die, I ran each one through the crimper to soften them.

I bent the edges in and sewed each down except the one that is lifted.



My colors were inspired by The Play Date Cafe PDCC127.





Hope you're having a fantastic week so far!



14 comments:

Ruby said...

So creative Marlena! I just love me some big beautiful flowers and I love how you've done it as a miss you card. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at Play Date Cafe!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marlena, using Mat Stack 3 is so creative, love your flower.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful bloom there! I think the stitching and crimping add the perfect touch and offers such a subtle and wonderful texture.

Beate said...

What a great idea and card! Love it.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Cassi said...

the crimping is such a great effect!

Patrice said...

Love the stitching! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week...http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-15.html

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ah, that missing petal is the perfect place for the 'miss you' sentiment! I love the treatment you gave the petals, too. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe, Marlena. :)

Alicia said...

What a great idea, putting the petals through a crimper! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

Mona Pendleton said...

What a creative project Marlena!

~Tammy~ said...

That is really really cute!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun Marlena! Love your crimped petals and the red stitching!

Sadie said...

How cute!! Love the "miss you" in the missing petal place : )

Stacy said...

What a cool looking flower, love the stitching on the petals. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Anonymous said...

The missing petal/miss you combination is touching. Good job, my friend!
Esther