Thursday, April 26, 2012

~A Handbell Thank You~







This card took me a bit longer than I had hoped.


However, I learned a lot!



-PLASTIC will melt when covered with embossing powder and shot at with a heat gun.



-Embossing powder doesn't stay smooth on plastic.




-Don't take the time to "create" a handbell handle with ribbon and cardstock,



AND THEN try to attempt the above.



sigh.


live and learn.



live and learn.







I wanted to thank our wonderful director of our handbell choir with a handmade card.



Handbells are not a common trinket...but bells are!


Less is More inspired me to take these inexpensive plastic Christmas decorations and turn them into these instrument charms.


I was able to "color" these silver bells gold with a pastelike paint called INKA GOLD by Viva Decor (which I wouldn't have discovered if everything went right in my crafty world). 



-I learn so much from mistakes.


I should be BRILLIANT. ;)




Check out the sketch from Retro Sketches #8





Screaming for charms, don't you think?



I appreciate you stopping by, thank you so much!


(Supplies:Papertrey Ink Communique Curves sentiment,Versamark ink,October Afternoon Sidewalks DP,BoBunny Ambrosia DP,Stampendous Pearlustre Rubellite embossing powder,clear wire,American Crafts AC cardstock,Scor-Tape 1/8",Crop-A-Dile corner chomper)



10 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Marlena, this is so adorable! Love those cute bells! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Your handbells are so unique Marlena and the musical paper is a perfect compliment! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!!!

Kim S said...

I love my handbell director and she definitely deserves a fantastic thank you - but I am most definitely not as brilliantly creative and crafty as you are!! I can't even imagine creating those bells...they are wonderful!!

Margaret said...

This is fabulous! Well done on getting them looking so nice

Margaret xx

Chrissie said...

Hi Marlena, I was in the middle of writing a comment and it disappeared... I'll start again!
These little handbells are AMAZING!
The recipient will be totally thrilled with this card.... there is a slight lack of white space, but maybe we can't have it all!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my gosh Marlena I love those bells.

Nancy Guse said...

This is so beautiful, I love the bells with the music background!!

Emily Keaton said...

Marlena, this is BRILLIANT!! I just adore the pretty handbells you created. And that background sheet music is perfect for your design. Awesome work here!!

Mandi said...

No white space for us but a terrific card
So clever

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

I enjoy when a card is uniquely personal and well thought out!! I know this card was very special to the receiver!
Esther