Friday, April 27, 2012

~For My Mom~




My Mom loves roses.



I ordered this set to create her cards.



*Papertrey Ink Year of the Flowers:Roses,Versamark ink,Stampendous detail clear embossing powder,Papertrey ink true black premium ink,Papertrey Ink Eyelet lace border die,Xyron,Teresa Collins World Traveler,Ranger Tim Holtz distress ink fired brick,black glitter,Georgia Pacific white cardstock,American Crafts cardstock for cardbase,Tim Holtz distress tool,Kaisercraft rhinestones*


This sentiment describes my Mom.


She's a hard worker, considerate, honest and generous.


The world is blessed to have her in it-


especially those who cross her path!

 

I loved using the resist embossing technique with these gorgeous flowers.




I kept rubbing the fired brick ink pad around until it was the vibrancy I wanted.



The hardest part, was revealing some of the "world wonders" on the DP layer, without losing my focus on the roses.


I kept moving around that panel, and trimmed away before I lost my nerve!



I used black glitter on the border die after running it through the Xyron.








I appreciate you stopping by today!





14 comments:

carolanne said...

So pretty! Love the stitching and combo of colors. I know your mom will love it!

Marybeth said...

Love this one Marlena, the brick color is so vibrant. Since your mom loves roses she will love this beautiful card. Lovely words you shared about your mom!

Karen B. said...

I apologize I haven't stopped by for a long while. And when I come to say hi and see this AMAZING card with the cool treatment of the roses, I'm blown away! Wow!

Sara Mac said...

What a striking card Marlena! I love this resist technique. Your words are so honoring to your mother. Hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

Awesome mom!!!!! 😊

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! Wonderful roses and wonderful colours. Awesome take on the sketch!

Pauline said...

A lovely card for your mom, and a wonderful tribute too.

Inkyfingers said...

What a beautiful rose card and I love the glitter border - just the right sparkly touch. Your Mum will be so thrilled about what you have written about her!

Tracey McNeely said...

The glittered border die is fabulous Marlena. Such a lovely sentiment for your mom.

Helen F. said...

Lovely card and beautiful words about your Mom, Marlena!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous! what a beautiful sentiment...

Unknown said...

LOVE this rich, gorgeous card, Marlena!! I have these stamps and have only used them a couple times, because they seemed so formal to me. I really love how you gave them an earthy, rustic feel. Thanks so much for popping by my blog! Have a wonderful week:)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHH! I love this card--that circle border is fun and the main panel is GORGEOUS! LOVE the stamping and the technique you've used! I think your Mom will LOOOOOOOVE this! FUN!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Marlena. The roses look fabulous with the resist technique. Also love the background papers and the stitching! Have a fabulous weeekend.