Monday, April 23, 2012

~Different Worlds & a Potter~








I recycled an older atlas in my project today.



The recipient is a sweet lady at my church who always greets me with a friendly smile.


She creates BEAUTIFUL pottery, and I purchased


ODBD You are the Potter last year, with her in mind.







The "different worlds" here represent her fanned out family.



I'm not near my immediate family either, so she comes to mind in my prayers often.


Check out Inspired By #20




Can you see why I chose to cut out "globes" and add some text DP to my card?



It was the perfect jumping off point to start from.


One more thing...I was unsuccessful, at first, in sewing around the Spellbinder label.


The second time, I hand-cranked the edges.


It really helped me control those curves.





Thanks for stopping by...have a crafty Monday!





(supplies: Our Daily Bread Designs You are the Potter,recycled atlas,Versamark ink,Recollections sapphire pearl embossing powder,Spellbinders Label Eleven, Marvy circle punch,Teresa Collins Everyday DP,Authentique Blissful DP,Georgia Pacific white cardstock,MS border punch)


7 comments:

Margaret said...

Lovely card. I love the personal touch of using the map to show where her family are. I've done something similar myself and they're always well received

Margaret xx

Laurel said...

Oh I love it! I love that you recycled something too!

JD/ Jill said...

What a beautiful and touching personalized card. Very nicely done!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your friend will love your card. So personalized and thoughtful!! Thanks for joining the ODBD shining the Light challenge this week.
blessings,
Chris

Betty Wright said...

Marlena, this is wonderful! Great idea for the recycling! Looks great! Wonderful scripture card1

Kim S said...

I love the thought behind this...the specific verse, the fanned out family...and even the newsprint paper with the birds is the perfect touch.

Rosemary said...

lovely card! i know the recipient will absolutely love it!! thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!