Monday, October 31, 2011

~Another Make It Monday Deer~

This is the card I was working on first for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday 39.





Somehow, it got finished second.

Isn't that how it goes? ;)






The side "flaps" ARE anchored down with Scor-Tape.



I needed to say that because the pictures look like they are blowing in the breeze.


I asked my 13 year old, "Is this too odd to share?".


She thought it was cool.


I'm cool with that. ;)


Can you tell I like the deer from In the Meadow?



The other Papertrey Ink sets that came to play:


Grunge Me (bulls-eye,splatter and sentiment)
Shape Up Snowman Accessories (squiggly lines)~ I am seriously loving those lines.
I used my Scor-Pal to score...then folded to fit my "DP" within the card.

The sentiment was stamped on a miniature Spellbinder's eleven die (I cropped it smaller and folded it like a bead back).

There is some texture to it-it was a leftover piece that was embossed with a Sizzix wood embossing folder.


I didn't intend to do this unconventional...but it's growing on me.  

It reminds me of a Southwestern shawl.


Hope it's not too out there for ya. ;)



Thank you for stopping in. ;)

Other items: Papertrey ink Premium Dye true black ink,MS ink (turquoise),Tim Holtz Distress inks (marmalade and mustard)

4 comments:

Nancy Guse said...

Perfect place to put the bulls eye. Love it!

Jenny said...

Hi Marlena, sorry I haven't called by for so long.
I love the dimension on your card and the background stamping is cool, great take on the Monday inspiration video :)
Jenny x

Marybeth said...

Very interesting way you folded your card. Nice work!

JJ Bolton said...

Marlene, I love the way you think outside the box and are willing to try new things! Love the tongue-in-cheek design:) (I love that deer stamp!)