Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Skirted Pleat

I wanted to do one more card for  





This time, it is more a turquoise hue than teal.


With my box-pleat technique...I was able to make this skirt.




This time, I used a thick DP and painted it.  


You can see the original design within the pleats.
I pinched the "valleys" from behind, while I painted with DecoArt Americana asphaltum (brown) acrylic paint.


The decorated "plateaus" were stamped with a BoBunny wave stamp on separate pieces and applied to the skirt.


I wasn't taking any chances.  ;)


It was inked with light mocha and stamped first and then repeated with Scribbles turquoise 3D paint.


As long as you apply the 3D paint with a sponge brush, it will stamp flat.



  I really like the shimmery color!









I hope you like it. ;)



 
 

Thanks for stopping by. ;)



Info:

BoBunny Barefoot and Bliss stamps,MFT Let's Go for a Walk sentiment,DecoArt Americana asphaltum and light mocha acrylic paint, Duncan Scribbles Iridescent golden turquoise 3D paint,Copic cool gray,Creative Memories Oval cutter,Kid's Jewelry Friendship thread,Making Memories Just Chillin' DP,Piggy Tales ribbon


1 comment:

Ruby said...

Very pretty card and love the pleating, I haven't seen that technique yet, must check it out!