Monday, September 19, 2011

Proud Mama and a Seahorse

I'm a proud mama.


I'm a proud mama who wants to show you a card I made, using my Shelby's drawing.


I requested a "child riding a seahorse" and she drew me a picture, which I scanned,printed,colored,cut out with Spellbinders' scalloped circles, and inserted in this card.


I sponged around the character with ink.




How fun is that?????

I already had the holes punched in this DP...glad I could use it-
 
don't you love it when that happens???
 
 The sentiment was stamped with Versamark, heat embossed with white powder, and sponged over with ink.
 
I was inspired to use her drawing, when I saw 






It makes me miss Hawaii!!!



I know someone on the DT who probably feels the same way. ;)


*wink*



I have other REALLY CUTE PICTURES she has drawn for me...but will wait for the right inspiration and scene.


I think Shelby (who is soon to be 13) has great potential, don't you?


Thank you for stopping by today. ;)


Info:

Shelby's doodle..Riding a Seahorse,Stampendous sentiment,Basic Grey Lauderdale DP,Sizzix leaves die,Marvy Circle punch,Cloud 9 Design Teardrop raindrops (I hoarded this for a few years),MS ink for sponging,Versamark ink, white embossing powder,Spellbinders scalloped circles,Kid's Jewelry Friendship thread,Copics






4 comments:

Karen B. said...

Shelby did a divine job with the drawing and you've just accented it with your lovely card! Great job! I used to draw sea horses ALL the time, but never one with a child on its back, I think that would be a fun ride!

Michelle said...

Oh, Marlena, this card is so cute! Shelby did a great job of "mermaid riding a seahorse"! I've never been to Hawaii, but everyone I know who has been just loves it. Thanks for joining us at FYI. I love your response to the inspiration photo :-)

Keva said...

How cute is this? I love love love it. Thanks for playing along with us at FYI!

dstandard said...

What a fun card - too cool! Thanks for playing at FYI!