Thursday, September 15, 2011

Girlfriend Rocks!

Remember Mulan?





Mulan ROCKS as far as I am concerned.




I love when a character has CHARACTER, ya know?



It was the first theater movie I took my oldest to.



I wanted her to see a strong princess.


HOW CUTE IS GIRLFRIEND???



My sister bought her for me and sent it ASAP.



SISTER ROCKS TOO. ;)

Miyono (girlfriend) is stamped in Memento ink and colored with Copics.


I fussy cut the paper lanterns from the DP and stamped background elements with PAINT..yes, paint!


There are two peeled back strips that were cut with fringe scissors and knotted up to mimic the sketch.

I had to color the back of those strips with aqua mint to stick with the color scheme.


The card base is scored to mimic the lanterns.


Challenges that inspired this creation:





Stamping with Acrylic Paint



~I stamped Grunge Me with Anita's Dusty Green Acrylic Paint and even swiped some "extra" on the edges.  Originally the sentiment was stamped in paint (but it wasn't legible)...so I swiped paint over it and stamped with ink instead.







Thank you for perusing by! ;)


Info:

Sister Stamps Miyono,Papertrey Grunge Me,Creative Imaginations Samantha Walker DP,Anita's All Purpose Acrylic Paint,Scor-Pal,MS Fringe scissors,Making Memories Just Chillin' Girl,Copics



4 comments:

whoistracy said...

How fun! I LOVE characters with a little pizzazz, too.

Karen Veneracion Flores said...

Girlfriend is sooooo adorable! Love the fan she's holding.

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Marlena! Love your fan. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

JJ Bolton said...

Adorable! Reminds of when my grandma and grandpa would take us down to the bon dance:) Man, those were fun! Love everything about your card:)