Saturday, August 6, 2011

Time to Say Goodbye

It's time to say goodbye soon.



Abby  is such a sweet girl.









She's dying.



We've been seeing the signs since May.


She's still fiesty and strong...but we know the time is near.




What a blessing she's been to Amanda, my youngest.



I had no idea a rat could get into my heart


or make such a difference in a little girl.



But, she has.


I've seen Amanda mature the past two and half years since she adopted Abby.



She showed herself capable of handling the responsibilities of another.



Amanda's faithful in feeding, watering, and being a friend.


Now she's faithful in making sure her rat's comfortable and not hurting.




She knew the day she went blind.


From then on, she made sure Abby could sniff the treat she daily brought her.


I'm so proud of my daughter and her patient loving care for Abby.



I am dreading the goodbye.





















Stamps: Rubber Hedgehog ...Minka,Rat, Jenni Bowlin Seal stamp, Jenni Bowlin Bunting stamp
Other: Memories Complete stickers, Memento Ink, Copic markers,MS border punch, Spellbinders Scalloped Circles

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh Marlena I'm so sorry to read this and I'll pray for your little girl to be brave when the time comes. What a precious tribute card you've made for her sweet Abby. Hugs.

Jocelyn Olson said...

I am so, so sorry Marlena. Abby looks like such a sweet girl. I've had 2 rats before (out of the lab), and they have so much personality. Give your daughter a hug!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, how sad for your daughter to be losing her precious pet! It's so hard, no matter what kind of animal they are! Hugs and prayers to her!

Your card is sweet... thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown this week!

JJ Bolton said...

Oh Marlena, so sorry to hear about Abby. Hugs to you and Amanda!

Broni said...

Oh my, how sad. I love your sweet card. Good luck. Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Debbie Carriere said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter's pet. Lovely card, though! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!