Sunday, August 14, 2011

Luminous Layers and a Christmas Card

inspired me to make a fun Christmas card.



With Jenni Bowlin's Bunting stamps and Basic Grey papers, I can create artsy Christmas trees.


Each layer in this card is outlined with embossing to mimic how each layer in the dress is outlined with brown.  It's the only feature tying the multi-colors together!



I stamped with Versamark ink and used copper embossing powder.

The sentiment is used as the trunks for these fun trees.


I highlighted the landscape with an embossing pen and used the same copper embossing powder.

Here's the Trigger photo:

Thanks for checking this out. ;)


Info:
Jenni Bowlin Bunting Acrylic stamp, JustRite Simple Blessings sentiment, Basic Grey Lauderdale DP,Versamark ink, copper embossing powder, Want2Scrap bling, Friendship Thread Brights and Neons


6 comments:

*Alison* said...

This is such a fun and bright card.. I like your take on the challenge.. :) HUGS

Anonymous said...

Very modern look and I love the way you used the words "Merry Christmas" for the tree trunks.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Marlena! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Emsworth Girl said...

What a creative, colourful card! Bravo!

Tara Bilbao said...

What a fun card! I love the non-traditional colors for a Christmas card. One can't help but smile:)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great take on the trigger photo, love it