Monday, August 8, 2011

Candy Corn and Copic Stripes

Fun technique at Papertrey's Make It Monday #27 Custom Striped Copic Ribbon.



Nichole made a video tutorial you can check out.




Here's my card.


It's for my brother-in-law who's a gamer.



His birthday is in October.


I don't know why, but I LOVE the look of candy corn stripes!!!



I think they are DARLING.



But, to tone down the DARLING, 



I used Papertrey's Grunge Me and Game On.



I used a Sharpie yellow and Copic YR04 chrome orange to make the stripes on the ribbon and candy corn. 
The white stripe was already there.  I flipped over a white patterned grosgrain ribbon and used the blank side.  I don't know when I'll ever use the patterned side.  I'm not sure what even drew me to that floral pattern!

I used Versamark to stamp the Game On controller and sentiment, and embossed with black ink.


The spiral cord connecting the two controllers is a piece of plastic black coil I usually use for binding notebooks.  



I don't throw anything away..this was a leftover scrap.

My cutie candy corns are triangles I shaped from white card stock and rounded out.


I used a Copics 110 special black marker to edge them.

The Grunge Me splatters are inked with Versamark and embossed in white.



Thanks for peeking in....give the technique a try! ;)




6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

How fun is that, love your halloween spin. Now thats thinking outside the box.

Lisa said...

This is super fun!

beckynoelle said...

very cute candy corn ribbon!

Kara said...

love candy corn.....the cord looks cool!!

Ally said...

So original! Love it. ;-)

paula said...

So cute!