Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Window to the World Graduation Card

     Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday #13 Impression Plate Tricks #2 was a fun one!   Erin's tutorial is wonderful; I'm glad she emphasized the importance of paying attention to the direction of the die.  I used my Sizzix texture plate, and the Mat Stack 3 Die.  It created the "Window to the world" look I envisioned.

      I want to give credit to Lindsay's You Make the World card in the last PTI challenge.  She masked off the CARD (instead of an image), and stamped WITHIN a frame; how cool is that?  That is what inspired me to stamp within the window.  
       I wanted to "float" the sentiment, because I like how the sentiment sits in the nook of the window.  I used a section of "Clear PVC cover" beneath it.
I am also entering in Less is More's Week 13 Lucky Dip Thank you or Congratulations.  This gives me a running start on my graduation cards! 

Thank you so much for stopping by. :)


Supplies:
Stamp: ODBD As You Graduate
Ink: MS, clear embossing powder
Other: PTI Mat Stack 3, Sizzix Texture Plate, Sizzix bookplate die

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Lovely job Marlena! I am so glad that my card inspired you! Thank you for popping by my blog!

Posh Tags and Tickets said...

Very pretty card
Love Posh x

Susan said...

A very unique and creative card! Love it!

Kathyk said...

Fab work - smashing image

Kathyk

Jenny said...

Great card, fab image and i like the use of acetate at the bottom :)
Jenny x

Chrissie said...

That's a lovely image is a very interesting design!
Thanks so much for joining us.
DO come by for another CAS challenge next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Super image, love the effect, would work well on its own too
Continued thanks for supporting our challenge blog
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Kristii said...

Such a wonderful card! I love the image and the embossing is fabulous!!!