Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Striped Skirt and a Simple Card Gone Mad



got me in the mood for stripes today!










     I pulled out all this beautiful striped paper I had been scared of.


I was - GOING - TO - USE - STRIPES - TODAY!!!! 


Stripes scare me, because they are so, well...straight!  You can tell if they are not cut right.
     I'm not a "color in the/cut on the line" kind of gal.  I am a "get as close in there as possible" kind of gal.  I eyeball everything and am so grateful God uses me in the creative world.  I wouldn't have made a safe surgeon. ;)
 
  JustRite Friday's Challenge 054 sketch started me on the right path by giving me a layout I could use!  I love this sentiment from JustRite's Simple Blessings.  Get it while you still can...it's a great deal!
    




I started off with a simple card.  Don't ask me what happened, but it spun out of control from there!  I went from making a simple card to making a project card with a scripture tag holder and mini notebook.  This time, going mad was a good thing! :)






    I wanted to make something special for my daughters' Sunday School "Part-Time" teacher.  I'm excited to have something cool to give him!  He is passionate about God's Word, and I know he will pass these out.
    I am also entering this in the ODBD Stamping in Time Challenge.  It calls for using a tag, and I've got tons of tags in this set! :)






Thank you for hanging out today! :)


~JustRite Stamps: Simple Blessings colored with copics, You're So Sweet Border, Times N R 15 pt




~Other: S.E.I. Dill Blossom paper, Sizzix Ticket Die, Spellbinder Circles, PTI Mat Stack 3 to create notch in envelope, MS Background Stamp, Memento Desert Sand Ink, Versamark Ink, black embossing powder, Binding machine, Misc leaf stamp on green vellum colored with Prismacolor pencil and blended with Prismacolor blending pen

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Really cute.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful. Love it...

Elise said...

I saw that you WON the big booty from Want2Scrap! Huge, FABULOUS congratulations to you, my dear! I peeked around at your work: it's LOVELY! Love the inspirational notebook! Gorgeous!

Huge CONGRATS, again!