Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Speak Flowers?

    We all love. Our cards and crafts show it. Our love can bridge cultures; transcend languages; and soften hearts.  

Don't you love what you do?  It's awesome, isn't it?


    I appreciate challenges that motivate us to exercise that love! ;)  Casual Fridays CFC1 (the FIRST ONE EVER!!!...check it out) calls for texting skills.  I was excited to use my "konnichiwa". I also wanted to try out these colors.


 
   PTI MIM 14's Selective Inking Technique is a great way to highlight a main phrase (in a sea of text).  By separating "flowers" on a chipboard piece, I can add a little dimension without fiddling with a bow.  Since I can't manipulate bows (yet), :) ....this works for me!


Thank you so much for stopping in!  Keep on lovin' like you do!



Stamps:Basic Grey Tranquil, MS Clear Camellia, Inkadinkado Asian by Design, MS Clear Pattern (border), My Cute Stamps Konnichiwa
Other: Papertrey Ink Eyelet Lace Border, Sizzix Flower Dogwood, Sizzix Lattice Die (SU), orange and green vellum
Ink:MS, Staz On, silver embossing powder, black embossing powder, clear embossing powder

7 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Such a cool technique!! I'm not sure I follow what you did, but the result are really beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous colors!! Love the use of text--Konnichiwa!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty, I love the colors :)
Thanks for playing CAS!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Love the design and colors with this card :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty color combination, good job!

Dana said...

I've been attempting to post a comment on this particular project since Thursday afternoon. I loved all the fun visual layers on this card and your colors are to die for! Thanks for joining us for CAS-ual Fridays!

Lea L. said...

Such a fun card! Love the colors! Great job with PTI's Make It Monday challenge!!