Wednesday, May 4, 2011

For the D Man

   Another masculine card!!!

It's for the D Man

     This card is for the D Man.  I call him D for anonymity.  D Man is on my yearbook committee.  He's a serious young man who loves God's word with a passion, and defends it with certainty!  I hope he likes this card. 
   God gave me the idea to start a yearbook committee for our homeschool group.  I created the yearbooks last year and the older kids helped assemble them. This year I delegated other tasks to the students.  They were given photo assignments, and my friend/helper Esther requested they write articles.  

I based D's card off of the yearbook tags I made. 
These signified "Official Yearbook Business".
He took his home every month.  I think he liked it. :)
   
  Our Daily Bread's On Assignment Challenge 33  is getting another entry from me.  I paper pierced a little around the Bible verse.  I am also submitting this to Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday #13 Impression Plate Tricks #2 , since I practiced the impression/embossing technique again!


    With so much going on with this card...it's nice to have a focal point.

    I also want to add that I tried something different from the last time I used this ODBD lighthouse.  I white embossed half of the image....hopefully capturing how light isn't "All or nothing".  

    I hope he understands all the little messages I scattered here.  He is very serious about his photography, so I added "create".  I pray D keeps his strong faith in God.   Psalm 18:28 reminds us that the Lord keeps our lamps burning.  HE turns our darkness into light.  We were once darkness, but now are light.;)  Ephesians 5:8

Congratulations D Man!

All about this card and tag:
Stamps: ODBD Keep My Lamp Burning, PTI Grunge Me, Ellison Backgrounds for YB tag
Ink:Versamark, VersaMagic Cloud White, clear embossing, black embossing
Other: PTI Mat Stack 3, Sizzix Texture Plates,Faux Stitching with uni-ball Signo broad, Sizzlits letters (YB tag), digital graphic, Random dies (seek, wisdom, create) acquired from "who knows"






  

4 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE that you made this card for a friend! So glad to hear that more Christians are living out God's word!!! It's a great card--love the gray (or is it grey) and bold red accents! BEAUTIFULLY done:)

Thanks for stopping by my blog--your comment made my day:) Blessings:)

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Marlena! I think he'll appreciate the thought you put into this card to personalize it for him!
hugs!

Betty Wright said...

Marlena, this is amazing and fabulous! Love the look and the design! Awesome use of ODBD stamps and images, too! Just fabulous! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time!

Kristii said...

Awesome! So very unique!! Perfectly masculine!