Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bling and Dirty Fingers

  I just want to thank everyone that was kind enough to comment on my Grunge CD card.  It was very encouraging!  We have a nice community of stampers, don't you think?  Your comments and support motivated me to move on to another PTI Challenge:   Make It Monday #12: Line Frame 101 .
   Now, this was a challenge for me.  I was going for the clean look, which is almost IMPOSSIBLE when your fingers are all inky.  It took three tries for me not to leave smudgies all over the place.  Kudos to you CAS stampers who don't destroy all that gorgeous white space. 
  Secondly, I really wanted to use the bling I bought...but found it hard to know when to stop.  I really had to hold myself back.  It is a miracle that the whole card isn't covered in the yummy adhesive rhinestones that I could stare at all day.  My husband calls me a raccoon.  I like shiny things.
 
The challenge was a line frame.  I did an open frame.  I thought a solid line would be too much.  So, I dashed it.


            It's still a line.  It's still drawn.  I feel good about it.

Here's the info:
Stamps: PTI Grunge Me, Ellison Phrases
Ink: Staz On
Other: black embossing powder, Souffle orange pen, Papercraft black pen
Recollections Adhesive Rhinestones, MS fringe scissors

  Thank you so much for visiting .  I pray you are safe wherever you are.  There is scary weather in our country today.

2 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

I love that you "dashed" your line, and made it a different shape, and put bling on your CAS card! That's creativity, and that's art. Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really engaging card.